Friday, January 19, 2007

Dawn, love, many thanks for reading and for responding. This dynamic, this process is precious, is priceless. My thanks to Cecil as well, for visiting and reacting and for translating that reaction into words.

Debate must order our new day and must order a new world. What I wrote is rather stream of consciousness and might mislead as it might not be entirely clear. And what I'm writing here might be more of the same.

Forgive me therefore if this is so. I am most definitely not advocating the modus operandi of those protesters though events throughout history and the world over have taught them well and reinforce their process of protest.

Christ crucified though is antithetical to all these and is the most revolutionary as well as the most efficacious change-bringing act in the history of our species - to my knowledge, I must add. Anything less therefore, is to my mind impure and ineffective.

My spotlight therefore was not at all on their behavior or misbehavior. All that I wrote was instead an attempt to assess Perry Christie's heart - and only because I consider him a good man - an extremely moral person.

My suggestion is that his notion - his sensitivity is entirely correct only that very same sensitivity and protectiveness, rightly placed, for his wife, himself and his children must, as prime minister, extend to the whole Bahamian family - every Bahamian home and those therein, must be as sacrosanct as his own. The love I here invite, is the love of Christ who weeps over Bethlehem.

If not our prime minister, who is to care for one and all? There are those who suggest only God but he must have representatives here on earth.

My article attempts to commend our P.M. but to invite him to multiply his deep affection for family to include the families of the 300,000-plus Bahamians. My own love-exercise is a much larger one. My attempt is to include the entire six-plus billion of out species in my heart at once as I am convinced that all of us, excluding no one, is the holy family and every square inch of earth, excluding nowhere, is holy ground.

Is this any clearer? I am an advocate of love and nothing less. Love looks far ahead - sees far and wide to umbrella those resting upon its palms for care - like eggs so very delicate in nests - with leaves for shade beneath a mother's breast - in the crotch of limbs of a tree growing from an earth whirling a-thousand-miles-an-hour.

Love oversees all this and protects us. I would not wish to be in a thing - call it nation or whatever, if who runs it is not wise enough or does not love enough to guarantee a certain degree of safety and wellbeing.

Dawn, apart from your misunderstanding what my essay was an attempt to debate, I must disagree with you. That accident is not to be excused as belonging to natural disaster. It should never have happened. That ship with those persons should never have left the harbor - like so many other things happening in our so called nation, which should be disallowed - often allowed because some one is paid off or because someone knows or is related to someone. Such occurrences indicate that our governments are either impotent or irresponsible and we must look elsewhere for leadership or leave home like Haitians who suggest that their overcrowded sloops offer more hope, more safety than Haiti, their country offers.

Nation is a place of law and order. Though not as dysfunctional as Haiti, there is too much jungle allowed in our Bahamas, and that it is allow more and more to spread, is frightening to me and is criminal on the part of those whose job it is to organize and to run this society with its small population and its many islands.

Again I've opened this debate, like thighs, too wide to close them, to conclude here. We'll need another ten hour conversation - concluding some morning just before dawn.

3 Comments:

Blogger dawnvictoriahanna said...

Lord, what I gone do?
dey gone crucify me like dey crucify you!
I try and I try and still it een enough...
Lord, what I gone do when dey crucify me too?
(c)Dawn Victoria Hanna 2005

Saturday, January 20, 2007 8:38:00 PM  
Blogger dawnvictoriahanna said...

OB- thanks for the oportunity to vent - if I really have to construde our corruption -really understand our originl corruption-
is the revolution worth it? Shall we end it all now. Its not worth the battle and God will not allow it -peace lov and respect
dawn

Monday, January 22, 2007 3:42:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

Many thanks for visiting, reading and responding as I know how very precious time is and the many things and persons with whom we compete for attention.

So many haven't even time to look or to listen. "Oh, taste and see..." the psalmist invites - how delightfully involved this is. "Oh taste and see," by the way, is an example of synastesia, mentioned in conversation recently.

Friday, January 26, 2007 9:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home