Friday, May 25, 2007

Coca Plums
for Heather

lost as a puppy without inspiration
without who is able to locate me
like a surveyor's able to locate land
put four stakes down

between what lines of latitude and longitude
upon this spinning globe
do I belong, can I call home

my square and yours, do these overlap
are they one and the same or are we neighbours

in one same country
on land or at sea
some quick sand, some beach
wetlands with interesting plant and animal species

where is Eden on this earth, I wonder
to be found or recreated

two naked people in it, blissfully happy
at least until the fall of man

is a ladder to the moon required
to get back to Eden
back to a diet of fruits
this time careful not to pick what we shouldn't

dillies and mangoes and guavas and coca plums
to eat til thy kingdom come
til thy kingdom came
is this enticing

or do you prefer the smell of Kentucky

© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
10:53 p.m. 24/may/07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home