Sunday, August 26, 2007

Affair A Pear

à une futerie, à Paris,
au lieu de demander un avocat,
j'ai demandé un avocat

avocado I got last night
tonight got me

when I thought I was having it
it was having me

a year ago today
since I visited
avocado heaven


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
12:44 a.m. 26/08/07


Skin Against Sin
for Natasha Turnquest

insects bite her up and down
leave their marks
upon a woman they love,
unable to get enough of

teeth and claw marks
where they crawl
sure signs, they wanted all

got all they could get until slapped
as hard as she would

a man getting fresh
or getting too near

insects want to enter
taste her blood

shed blood, red blood
red spots dot up and down
arms, legs

damaging, discoloring
baby-pretty beige


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
12:37 a.m. 26/08/07

2 Comments:

Anonymous d.a. said...

i dont see why one would be upset by this poem. it is delightful and quite nice when one can write of you. although you write of a lot of people there are a lot more people you dont write about. so one should feel special to have you write of them.

Monday, September 20, 2010 10:02:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

See why I've responded to you, dba, as I have done? Who in the world can blame me for having fallen in love?

Monday, September 20, 2010 11:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home