Saturday, September 15, 2007

Once Again
for J.C.S.

has she any idea - I ache with pleasure,
eye ache with pleasure

she used to be my girl
we used to share ball-naked moments
nothing on or in between
up against bareness, up against beauty
dangerously close - then the cold war,
it lasted years

what’s new pussy cat
our affair, a new affair
could we go back there
go back bare, go back where we were
ten years ago, go back to before then even

a woman now, new age
I used to turn her pages,
she turns them now - like leafing through
a Sears, Roebuck Catalog
for new clothes to buy, for new clothes to wear

blanket about her until they arrive
my arms about her, just out of the bath
before drying off

we used to invent the games we played
moves we made
dangerous places we visited

I remember the night, about the pool running
with not a stitch on, she fell in, I got in
how warm her flesh was
even though the water was chilly

back to Eden with her in my arms
in triumph, returning
letting our leaves fall like trees in autumn

what clothes she attires herself in
accentuating how well she’s made
her clothes hide what they reveal
I hunger to see her like I once could
like I once did


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
1:50 a.m. 15/09/07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home