Wednesday, October 03, 2007

La Dame Blanche
for Nicole Collie

man shitting, shot in the gut
last meal, along with blood,
oozing through holes

hold me, I’m bleeding, I’m in love
I’m leaking tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce

sprinkle cheese like falling snow,
like hoarfrost over everywhere,
over everyone

instead of cake for the masses
two girls go for dinner, for sushi,
for Japanese beer

full enough and drunk enough for fellowship,
service by candlelight, after dark
relief from life’s blows,
kisses for aching hearts,
softness on softness

who needs a hard dick
to ram like a ram goat
skin the bark, the wattles, peel them
up against the wall of the world

barking dogs as angry as goats
chase ghosts until they’re tired and fall

a ghost has to get up
go back to its piece of ground,
its peace on earth

when I’m done, I’ll lay my dogie down
like gun, like sword,
exhibit it in a museum


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
3:16 a.m. 3/10/07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home