Sunday, October 21, 2007

Out of Words

inconvenient to look
to drink until drunk
inconvenient because
of the company I was in
haunted ever since to see her again
I had glimpses, snatches, insufficient
sweet tooth to satisfy, aching ever since
like a caged creature stirring
pacing, turning, like a tiger, burning
what she ignited in me
to unheard music, swaying
in blue-jeans skirt
short about her thighs
in black-dark skin
rough-dark loveliness
just the texture for me,
mother-made meals
potato bread, tarts,
coconut cakes, dillies
not the ice cream sundaes
MacDonald’s sells
she is no fast food
she is time’s own
made from scratch
without shortcut


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
7:44 p.m. 21/10/07


Our Eyes Meet

how her gestures
are all so complete
stretched to a point
just short of popping
just short of breaking
like waves
up against a rocky shore
blood in my heart
splashes similarly
when I see her
I make myself as still as can be
as still as I can
as long as she’s available to view
as long as she’s in view
then I reflect upon
what’s left in mind’s eye
in my mind’s eye
I see what’s projected
upon my mind-screen


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
6:48 p.m. 21/10/07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home