Sunday, March 23, 2008

Among Limbs
for S.R-S.

a woman’s body, what a trap
like a rat trap

a pussy is a piece of pork
or sausage or cheese

rat sniffing, smells a meal

hungry for life,
but life’s wrapped in death

to get at it, to gnaw at it
is suicide


what calamity
is called down upon your back
your body, your head

what whip-lash, what backfire
this desire often brings

has heaven designed woman
like this, like a trap set

a sweet in a scissors
to cut you in two, in half

do we let God off the hook
too easily for this design

fruit between women’s limbs
why are these not growing
not hanging from trees

why are we unable to pick them
package them, purchase them

like we can
oranges,
peaches, pears,
grapes, dates


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
10:17 a.m. 23.03.08

2 Comments:

Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

Oh but you can buy it like oranges($10 an hour)...its packaged(in high heeled stilettos and loads of make up)...it can be peeled(remove mini skirt) and then...the battle begins...

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:50:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

Esquire, I am too too conservative and this is too too funny. How old and innocent I am not to have thought of this commodity. I suppose I treat that entire industry as if it were nonexistent. In Amsterdam though, where it is legal, it is difficult to avoid. One walking through the Red Light District, encounters these women for hire in show windows, like mannequins. These though are fully alive, available for a price and of every variety. I must say I saw an oriental woman I really desired, in Amsterdam, in one of these windows. Usually though, I treat this old old profession as if it were nonexistent - in my innocence, I might add. Maybe though, it is but a lack of daring or maybe I do not like eating out of a plate not as easy to wash as bone china - just as I avoid, or am uncomfortable, sitting upon public toilet seats.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home