Sunday, February 26, 2006

Obie, You're welcome to share. I appreciate and value greatly the work you do. I like being a part of the live poet society, walking in houses that are familiar. When I read your poems I'm like the expectant boy in Watch Face, staring upon himself in a pond. In that marvelous poetic crossing in Necklace of Pearls from section 7 to 8, where you engaged in a kind of ars poetica, you end in 9 with, "Poems though are what I'm full of, all I'm full of." I'm so glad you are. Give birth--please! I wait. Keith


oh, food-back, feedback for my too often empty plate - the stuff which enables an artist/this writer to live. I thank you, Keith, for what is life-giving - for what makes an artist's life worth living. Hope your own creative process is alive and well.

How starved our community is, its artists must be, for critical response like what you provide me, like commentary you provide on Ian Strachan's "Show Me Your Motion". So very sadly, it's next to nonexistent - objective, intellectual commentary, resulting from [following] very deep comprehension. So much of what is lived in our Bahamas is not properly or thoroughly analyzed, is too often not even comprehended.

Distillation is what is necessary to arrive at identity - that clear river-water of who we are. Even though, just beginning, I thing we have begun upon what this procedure entails. Many thanks.

I've begun my research but, in addition, please explain ars poetica. I'd appreciate an explanation I can get my mind about readily. Obie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home