Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Is Love Always Bleeding
for H.T.

are you missing something, are you missing someone, as I am
stitch in time to save nine

often fear I’ve missed that stitch sometime ago,
often fear I’ve become undone
often fear I’m beyond repair, too far gone for love and care

fierce talent though, would not shut off, assures me of worth
overflows and overflows as a fountain does

am I unable to fascinate no one, I’d wonder

poems spouting from ballpoint pens like fountain pens
from my palm like blood from St. Francis, from Christ
stigmata or verse or worse

vase of flowers to shove into, to shove through these holes in Christ,
to offer for love

would you have them, accept them, accept me this Lent
on my knees for your hand


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home