Saturday, May 26, 2007

I have the word
and therefore the world
in this pen I grip
in this pen in my fist

© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
6:28 p.m. 23/may/07


too full of dillies,
need them to be picked
you do me no favor
too full of timidity
to tackle what needs to be
to tickle who needs to be


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
6:00 p.m. 25/may/07


Pill Away Pull Away

Lord God Almighty,
to line up, to measure up,
is my wish, is my prayer

that I'd go right,
that what I do or say or write
would be right

that effectiveness would be maximized
in this life as well as in the next

may the text that I write, that I add
line up with the text the Bible is

I want to line my living
as well as my writing up
with your holy word
in this holy whirl


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
7:35 p.m. 26/may/07


Idols In Jeans

does girl-watching,
does lusting, I wonder,
rob me of blessings from above

my insisting upon blessings
I’m able to pick up here below,
off the earth, along the street

how very greedily my eyes eat
visual feast, after visual feast
how fast my heart beats

does this investment here on earth
cause heaven to be closed to me
when in need of what heaven alone supplies
and I turn or upon my knees
knock and knock and knock

is God suggesting even now
that he knows me not


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
8:36 p.m. 26/5/07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home