Sunday, July 08, 2007

Tree Two Thighs
for Cynthia Maya Fisher

how white her hand is
hugging the tree trunk
she used to hug me

ring on her finger
nails neatly painted

God had mercy on me,
we met

have mercy on me, reunite us


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
12:30 p.m. 8/july/07


Vows
for Cynthia Maya Fisher

so easily lost among millions
among the stars of the U.S.A.

face no longer flesh
voice no longer fresh

etched upon paper,
picture more than nothing

ripped photograph,
reassembled

love partner, teacher
life pivoted, changed
upon her, within her

I'd never known love
she and I shared

rear geraniums
grain germinated

seeker after pleasure
I sought to make sacred
our erotic escapades


© Obediah Michael Smith, 1986
12:44 a.m. 22/jan/86

2 Comments:

Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

Oh i love the last part of tree two thighs;
God have mercy on me....reunite us!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:46:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

dis one, my friend, come from deep. Thanks for receptivity as this allows reactions poems trigger off.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007 1:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home