Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Laugh At The Moon
for Erin Green

another train needs another track
does it not

often squeezing on my track with me
usually in the opposite direction heading

and expect me not to scream, not to cry out

fearing for my life
and whoever might be on board her train
or accompanying me on mine

she needs a track for her mind to traverse,
for her thoughts

too many journeys, amid encounters,
necessary to abort

especially in the middle of the night
when hobgoblins come out to haunt
to taunt


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
21:31 a.m. 08/08/07

2 Comments:

Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

mmm mr smith i see the need to ensure people plant their trees in their own holes and not yours is extended here too..hmmmm

Thursday, August 09, 2007 8:30:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

Your observation is so very accurate, Esquire. Your words transport me so very swiftly again to that night of parting in parking lot opposite the hotel. What a pity though and how depressing, such illness mixed in with art.

Out here upon art's cutting edge and I wonder if art is the medicine, if it's medicine sufficient for such disturbances; wonder if there's enough happiness in art to reverse what is so sad.

Oh, let us continue to write in some sunshine, some joy and some love. Wish I were able, on this side of the Middle Passage, to produce the nonchalance, the lightness, your use of language and story does.

Is poetry one thing and friendship another thing; another place entirely? Being without funds, without income though, is depressing, does depress [the poet that's] me. Most people are so sensible about working for money. Is seems I’m determined to change the world even though I fade away financially and otherwise to bring in, to bring on more light. Show me the money!!! Most people seem to say. Look at what a Hollywood actor makes or a heavyweight boxer. All determined, I know, by the size of your audience. What is the size of mine? Is each of them putting $5, $3, $2, even $1 in my pocket or in my wife’s purse?

Friday, August 10, 2007 5:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home