Sunday, August 19, 2007

White Pepper
for Angelika Hillebrandt

fleshier lips, fleshier hips
whites should rejoice
for a dose of black in them
like a sprinkle of black pepper

I like black pepper on tomatoes,
sliced, upon grilled cheese on toast

I like adding black pepper and Ketchup
to and through scrambled eggs

white woman with hips, with full,
with succulent lips

a trace of black, a taste of black
added to snow white
and the seven dwarfs


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
2:58 p.m. 19/08/07

3 Comments:

Blogger Angelika said...

(Forgive me for being unoriginal by just posting my reply to your e-mail, but of late, I've been feeling very weary)

That you should have felt any kind of trepidation upon reading the subject of my e-mail is amazing. I really am a novice at writing in any form, so it is not in my power to properly criticize anything, yet. I read "White Pepper" earlier this afternoon and was so shocked that you dedicated a poem to me that for just flattery's sake alone I was ready to like it. And for flattery's sake also, I read it many times. The more I read it however,the more serendipitous it seemed that you should have sent it to me and that I should have found what you sent. The poem, suffice to say, has become ammunition against some devils I have been battling. In anycase, I trust your words- so don't ever let the contents of my e-mail relieve you in that way ever again, you hear?

Je t'embrasse,
Angelika

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 3:50:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

AH
I am grateful for and inspired by your response. All the very best with your very own writing. I love your vocabulary. It is so very impressive. You have the paint, all the colors you need, whenever you decide to launch your boat of words or should I say, your craft?

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 5:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home