Sunday, September 23, 2007

Unlike A Pack of Cards
for Crystal Fraser

fiercely independent,
second time we met

you were on your own
dependent on no one, leaning on no one

as tall, as independent as
the Empire State Building,
the Statue of Liberty or Tour Eiffel

night we met,
you were with someone,
in the shadow of a friend,
a hanger-on, someone tagging along

though with others,
second evening we met,
you were on your own,
gloriously alone as I always am
or usually am

I must stand alone,
must be on my own
for poetry to find me,
she must find me alone

alone, on my own to befriend poetry
such a jealous gal
such a jealous pull
such a jealous pal


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
10:28 p.m. 22/09/07


Out of Waters Gems
for Crystal Fraser

it was as if
you were giving off steam
when I thought you sedate
you shifted, shocked me

this chilly, antiseptic,
ATM machine booth
better though than no where at all
to recall, to relate, to get in touch
with you within me

wanted to rest my weight somewhere
along the way, before arriving here
to mine myself for diamonds,
gold, emeralds
whatever precious jewels, metals, stones
you’ve deposited in me
assuming safekeeping's guaranteed

I am one to cherish rare findings,
rare fine things
you’re very rare and very fine,
out of no where appearing
to enrich my soul


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
8:29 p.m. 20/09/07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home