Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Love Study
of Frederica

what acceptance of herself
as big as she is, what sure steps
so sure of herself
in spite of her size

she does not seem to think
she’s overweight
that her stomach’s too big

she makes her steps
she swings her arms
go out, go home
whether her journey’s short or long

knows how to walk
upon this ball, this earth
however fast it’s spinning,
turning as she crosses

what balance she has
though earth goes round and round
something round about her also
so well balanced

I watch her
student of physics that I am
student of beauty that’s tied to Africa

to me tied as well
with poem after poem
I’ve stitched us like an outfit
one I wish us to hang up

I want to see her naked
want us to be naked

an evening for us to put our arms
and legs through


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
5:30 p.m. 30/10/07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home