Sunday, November 11, 2007

Horse Power

I’d wonder sometimes,
about my ability, day after day,
to get up and go

with bacteria, parasites, viruses,
in the billions when combined
like so many monkeys on my back

certainly, like Atlas,
I carry the weight of the world

all along knowing, one day,
this burden will be to much for me
too much to lift, too much to carry

and what’s upon my back
will sit on me and keep me down
“Yes!” they’d say,
in one accord, in triumph

they are death’s agents you see
it is then when they can
go to death to collect
their bounty


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
7:17 a.m. 11/11/07

1 Comments:

Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

speechless...classic..amazing...ululations...this is really great, but then am i surprised anyway!

Sunday, November 18, 2007 10:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home