Friday, December 14, 2007

Blow Out The Stars
for O. Archer

we have love to make
like cakes to bake, to put icing on
to shove candles in
stars are holes in night, leaking light

we have stumbled into stars tonight
some have come on
others have gone out

you have gone home
where is this where I am

seated before my computer
as I have been for some time,
for some months, trapped and freed
this night out has given me wings

pray our prayers, knowing not
how or when answers will come,
from where and in what form

heaven must be missing an angel,
trite song, trite line, comes to mind

out of my heart though,
I wish would come, words to say what I feel,
what I saw

what wish is this, finally granted
when did I wish it,
with what are you connected

reward for what deed done
or grace undeserved

as undeserved as life is, as breath is
as your small breasts
in a hungry man’s mouth

as small as you are
such a force to contend with
to reckon with, to wrestle with

you and me in a ring without ropes
we could roll out the bed
we could fall on the floor

bones I could chew up, could spit out
whatever it takes to get the marrow out

what will tomorrow bring


©Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
12:37 p.m. 14.12.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home