Sunday, December 09, 2007

Slings Arrows
for Giles Wells

what attachment
to seeing and saying
what ability to trigger tears
to make them spout
like saliva at times does
like blood at times does

the body rejoicing
in response to pleasure
in response to pain

ecstasy we seek, we ecstasy seekers

gun-play, knife-play
or with swords fighting

pens spouting words
men, women, not of the world,
of the word

pull these out,
spill poetry

Christ spilled his guts
for the world, for the word



© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
2:39 p.m. 09.12.07

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The end was unexpected and definately gave the poem a great climax. I love the line: "pens spouting words"...u gave me an unique visual.

Thursday, December 13, 2007 4:28:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

What a fine critic you are, Tia, love.

I shell have to get to the bottom of why you affect me as you do, and from the very outset, setting sail in your craft at Sine-Qua-Non Gallery.

I wish to get to the bottom of why, not to uproot it, but to examine these root hairs, and to take good care not to pop them with insensitivity or with any too harsh turning away or turning about.

I want to have your attention and I want to give you mine.

Friday, December 14, 2007 6:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home