Saturday, January 12, 2008

Art Is Vehicle
for Cedric Scott

my art needs
to take me elsewhere

has it not got wings

has it not yet learned to fly
to take to the sky


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
6:50 p.m. 12.01.08


Uwe Ommer


I am invited
by the way she looks
even if it suggests
that you keep away

it is but paradox for me
it is for who could read
to enter
who can’t has to keep out

I enter her heart
through her eyes

enter her life
though she seems not to smile

but how happy we are to meet

waiting a long time
for this mutual agreement

for the look in her eyes
for this poem I’m composing

inspired by beads, bareness,
plaits hanging down

most beautiful woman
ever seen on green earth

but how can I reach her
reach into a picture

I am unable
to get my arms about her,
unable to embrace her
my wish is to keep her

too long now
I’ve been waiting to marry

unable to take
this book of pictures
of the world’s
most beautiful women
to the altar


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
5:33 p.m. 12.01.08

1 Comments:

Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

art taking to the sky...excellent line
but then more sorrowfully what a pity to be in love with a picture...and its even sadder that you cannot transform yourself into a picture too that you may share her or their worlds!

Sunday, January 13, 2008 4:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home