Friday, February 29, 2008

Outer Darkness
for P.S.S.

I came into the present,
into the presence
you seem to have discovered,
a long time ago

I’ve been walking in this light,
along this path, since ’76

when my life changed
when my light changed
when my eyes, formerly closed
popped open

you seem to imagine
you’ve discovered
something, someone,
no one else knows or has

such a notion is at best, delusional

what we discover transforms us
makes us new men, new women

translates each of us
further along our own trajectory
our own path

my path’s not yours, your is not mine

what happens to me
might not look like what happens to you

but neither of us knows but us
out of what darkness
out of what twistedness
God has brought us


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
10:22 a.m. 18.02.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home