Thursday, February 14, 2008

Saint Valentine
for Tia

moon walk
to bring you back roses
this Valentine’s Day

round trip journey, quick
cut flowers swift
for your vase

scissors to clip with
to cut through stems

true stems in water
in your heart

in there as well
I dip my fountain pen

read words, write words
right words, white words

right girl for me to love
though all the world
suggests she isn’t

what is love capable of
if not bursting through
or leaping over barriers

should I gather flowers
to send her or should I
provide a puppy

fluffy as clouds
gray or cream-white

red bow about its neck
I LOVE YOU
upon a tag, upon a collar

hang myself in verse
to show my love
noose made of verse

I play roulette with poems
I fire into her heart from mine,
through pens

what dangerous business
loving someone is

as many miles away from me
as the moon

I want to be drunk
on moonshine
this Valentine


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
1:25 a.m. 14.02.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home