Sunday, February 10, 2008

Tails Two Horses
for S. R-S.

she needs everything
upon a spoon, like medicine

she’d have of life,
only what has been prescribed

though her wants are wild
though she goes wild,
is wild with desire

she needs life tailor-made
to a certain fit

in spite of the lightning,
thunder-storm
which brews within

she is determined
to keep life neat, folded

my bed is never made
I need to get in and out of it

already I have been born,
unable to climb back into the womb

she offers me her V-8 Juice
withholds it from me

she desires that I, with can opener,
bore required holes,
make her liquids run


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
4:47 p.m. 09.02.08

2 Comments:

Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

oh how classic...how tragic at the same time that she wants thunder and yet chooses to stick to the road more travelled...what she needs is a helping hand to guide her down the road less travelled

Monday, February 11, 2008 9:07:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

Esquire
I need to empty her CAN through a straw. I'm sure she'd HOLLER.

Monday, February 11, 2008 10:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home