Monday, February 04, 2008

Whiskey Brandy Rum
for N.I.

here's a shot of me

enough to drunk any man
my woman though
not for any man

shot of her, throw my head back
throw down

against winter weather
against winter chill

shot of you
without ice or coke or water
just as you are

to warm my soul
to do me good
deep down and all over

how many shots of you are there
before the bottle that you are
is empty

is empty a possibility
or are you like a well
a spring inside

and I can drink and drink
however drunk on you or of you
I chose to get

this generous shot of you, my love
to whet my appetite
to wash the dust off the road
clinging to my sole and to my soul

shot of you to hold me
when I shake or quake
from cold or fear


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
4:59 a.m. 04.02.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home