Sunday, April 13, 2008

April Poem
for A.H.

used to like to see her pussy
but she seldom shows it to me anymore

used to adore the design
its layers of lips
hair growing wild about it

I was wild about it
but she seldom lets me see
seldom shows it to me any more

was it withdrawn
because I genuflected, worshipped it
was I about to make an idol of it

wish I were able to kiss it
once or twice again

used to kiss it once or twice a week
oh how I miss it

she has not written in a while
or is she just withholding
what she writes from me

is her poetry for other eyes, not mine
was I too greedy
when she spread her pages

was her fear that I’d unplug, uproot
what she wrote

like a book’s two middle pages
you grab and rip off their hinges

large holes left
where there were
two pairs
staples made


in bed
why has she begun

to turn away from me

how difficult to bear her back to me
when I want some, when I want more

when she use to open willingly
for me to enter, to center myself in her


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
3:16 p.m. 13.04.08

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Great poem Obediah. you have quite the flair for awkward/disconcerting (in a good way) phrasing which convey meaning beyond the literal sense; throwing the reader off-balance, and then sending out a reaffirming note to steady them once again.
Looking forward to rejoining the mass of poets home, will be back in about a month.

- Chet Pratt

Sunday, April 13, 2008 5:45:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

Glorious to hear from you, fellow-poet. Wish I could be sent some of what you're working on. Have you a blog which I might visit? I do look forward to sharing when you return - look forward to hearing your meticulously written verse again, dramatically presented - always a great joy.

Sunday, April 13, 2008 6:48:00 PM  
Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

capitavting...very

Sunday, April 20, 2008 2:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although we know poetry is such that it's figurative, sometimes you leave the reader wondering if you were playing between sheets and not on pages. Why does your writings have to be a constant grind? Are you always horny? Is it because you are getting too much or insufficient?

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home