Sunday, July 20, 2008

Available or Vulnerable
of Shan Brooks

i
rotation as she walks
what is incorrect about her
is at once what is perfection

the music it make, each step she takes

anesthetics for a tooth ache
makes this old, unbearable world bearable
easily so

what debts seeing her cancels
My Lord, my eyes open,
my heart, a door and she walks through it

out of what womb did she come into this world
who came into her mother

I appreciate their lovemaking
marriage bed or not
in bed or upon a car's back seat

ii
“I am standing here,
writing a poem about you!” I said

by some miracle, she and her female friend
passing back

got a chance to run to her, chat
collect her e-mail address
give away three books
and my heart as well

iii.
surreptitious observation
my usual modus operandi

somehow inconvenient
to assume such a mode

like happenings which cause
our jaws to drop
leave us with our mouths dropped open
in awe, unsophisticated

that sort of happening
just besides myself to see her

how her jeans fit
the way she walked in them

musical steps, her body shifting
side to side, how she swayed

without being able to help it
without meaning to be seductive

unaware of it, unaware she's being

her being unconscious of it
permits, causes me to be
to an extreme degree

were she engaged in it, deliberately
turned off, I'd not have given her
a second look

positioned myself upon the sidewalk
her friend and her, coming towards me

I wanting her to do me up, do me in
not to spare me a bit
of what was unbearable to watch
a thrill so deep

through me like mosquito, like honey bee

I was prepared to perish
if she went that deep

if she, like an arrow, went through me
came out the other end

she did, and that I'm still here, amazing to me


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
1:39 a.m. 20.07.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home