Friday, July 18, 2008

An Evening Ends
for Helen Klonaris

i.
shitty shells in a chicken coop
what's inside them
what matters, what counts

come into my house, I tell you
chick inside the egg
heart inside the chick, beating

what lips have her lips kissed
vertical as well as horizontal ones

woman tongue, woman lips
women lives, women lies

women cry out when in love
while in bed, wild in bed

fox, dog, raccoon in a hen house
how they cackle, call,
what a racket they make
frighten rat away, dog away

panic makes panic
fear expressed frightens

shitty eggs, chicks inside
beginning to hatch

freshly laid eggs to crack
to make omelets
must wash the feces off first

my house outside
disguises what's within
like clothes I wear, shoes I wear

poverty stricken looking
so much wealth within

life force, life forces
which eventually crack into bits

a chick’s shell, a church bell
time for baptism, for name
for my life to commence

two pence for two eggs
a long time ago

ii.
what to take for madness sake
for crackness, cracked bell that I am
cracked mentally, just crack

what do I put in it, take for it
what to do to mend

is she home safe, my first concern
my mental state, mental health
I can deal with later

heart beat, foot steps,
thought process, I can align later
listen to Mozart, get some rest

been here many times
no need to be desperate

beautiful woman gave me a lift
on so many levels

I must wonder if she's home safe
is she home yet

I am unable to find my way home
after our chat

lost in the world, lost in the wilderness
in spite of address

what way did she go
what way did she turn

how many wrong turns did we take
in discourse

intercourse to add, possibly
when we next meet
or share guava nectar next time

sex time, anytime
for who have words to spare
words in need of repair

word mechanics, overalls, coveralls
ink-covered, to strip off

bareness, like banana peeled
to make the most of
will disappear in a few minutes
in a few bites

what about our differences
what's to be done with these
this evening, this summer


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
1:48 p.m. 06.07.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home