Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Entrances Exits
for Antoinette Bowe

miss you so much
what we had to share
what we used to share

when what was between us was perfect
when what we shared had peaked
when we were as close as we would ever be

I’d have celebrated had I known
I’d have rejoiced when it was best
when we were nearest

how do we know when what we have
will become undone, will unravel

life and we, as good as we would ever be
as good as it will ever get

in heaven on earth, in this life
without being aware of it
without knowing it until we’re out of it
away from it

how a part of your family and you I was once

you held me together then
otherwise I’d have become undone

one of the oases in this desert
one of the flowers I’ve found in this world
one of the prettiest
one of the sweetest


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
2:54 a.m. 14.12.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home