Friday, January 30, 2009

Hills To Go Between

i.
Inderia

about your cleavage
or about your breasts

I want your bra off
I could write, my heart content

not content until I spilled
what bra contains

with its hooks and snaps
its elastic, its stitching

with rubber, rub out clothes
leave you bare

in awe, invited to, I'd touch,
I'd hold

embrace, enfold yourself
and myself, yourself in myself

treat to eat
pastry for sweet tooth

cleavage, two hills to go between
to heaven

I want to know that you'd let me pass
country to get to, covered with grass

satisfaction sufficient to last
until life ran out like bath water

ii.
DeAnna

remember her reading
and not being impressed

remember whispering to Kahlil beside me
and snickering
about her poetry being simplistic

I'd have been impressed, I said
if she were 11

what impact upon me, last evening
poem she is

what words for such beauty
a night near to me

thrilled, it seemed
over some aspect of old me

made me want to live again
love again, be young again

made young again by newness
pretty as ripe fruit, as flower petals

picked me to befriend, to be friends with

picked her or wanted to
from among many species
fragrant, lovely

able to heal me


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
2:25 a.m. 29.01.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home