Sunday, March 08, 2009

Todorka Peak
for D. D. Katzeva

i.
good too good to happen to me

too good for me to be happy
to be complete

were my life to add up finally,
I’d weep

some seeing me would think
what would be the best day of my life
were a crisis I were caught in
crying like a faucet leaking

affected like this by joy

ii.
too gracious to waste interest in her
to waste interested eyes

acknowledge eyes with eyes
eyes to trade with

what would she give me for flowers
for a bouquet of roses

would she, upon quick feet,
find a vase to place them in
a bit of water at the bottom of it

would she cut the ends of their stalks
to keep them fresh longer, alive longer

how I long for someone
to enable me, to cause me
to remain around longer

on planet earth


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
11:53 a.m. 20.02.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home