Saturday, February 21, 2009

Maracas
for Angelica
M. S. Garcia


press breast milk
out of her body

when our eyes meet
we smile

little else are we
able to say to each other

little else are we
able to understand

I understand
she's had a baby recently

nine months old

press her breasts
folds her arms
across her chest

"Leche!" she says
in response to curiosity

to questioning I
to questioning eyes

and squeezes more
to find relief

to release milk
her breasts
are too filled with


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
7:20 p.m. 20.02.09

2 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

I love this poem.

Sweet... the milk I mean(Im kidding).

How your lines are crafted so wonderfully.

Monday, June 07, 2010 7:26:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

How kind you are, how sweet, dba. I thank you for your words - for letting your eyes go over my words - for letting them enter your intellect - for letting my poetry become part of your life. I thank our Maker for making you part of mine. I so much richer. Are you robbed or are you richer too? I hope richer too.

Monday, June 07, 2010 9:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home