Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sakis Sexy Dancing Girls
for Nsakala Emmanuel

i
who are they giving piece this day
out on a date or in for the evening

one of these and I’d be
so terribly well pleased

I’d have what I need
in my place, in my bed, upon my plate

so well pleased and so well placed
one of these to love, to love me

love to reinvent
oh to be young, to be well

sheets I’d like to soil
with a woman or two

eliminate a few books read
I need not have
to fit in more sex

ii.
music sufficiently sweet
to get through such big bodies

through to their bones
into their bone marrow
to make them dance

how porous are our bodies
are our souls

how penetrating soul music must be
able to make anybody
make every body dance

iii.
you make me come, you know

you made me come today
and from so far away

in what country in Africa
dancing on You Tube

rocking the house I’m in
with your moves
rocking me too

able to get my rocks off
watching you

all of these videos
your company has made

others too, dancing divinely
but you, out of all these beauties
these brilliant dancers

clutched my soul, would not let it go
until I came

I’m your victim still, your captive

you don’t even know I’m caught
I’m yours to keep

I am unable even to enjoy
being thrown away, back into the sea

you who don’t even know I exist

is there a way to connect
I suppose I must ask the divine

this poem possibly
though It’s 20 times too long

a short note then
request an account, an e-mail address

I wanted to scream your name
I attempted to and realized

that I did not--that I do not know it
that I do not know you

though already I’m mad, in love
slave of yours, under your spell

your dancing, your body, partially bare
unbearable the little you wear
the ways you shake

there I was on this Sunday
weeping and praying for mercy

as if you were slaying me

iv.
needle in a haystack

have I found her or has she
found me

dancing upon the beach divinely

poor heart of mine
snatched once before
by a similar apparition
appearing and as quickly fleeting

I turned back over and over
to see her also

she was at Paul Simon’s concert
in 1991, in Central Park

atop the shoulders of someone
strong enough to bear her weight
to bear her up

she swayed to Paul Simon singing
“America”
as she swayed, she closed her eyes

how I wanted to meet and to know
this angel, have her for myself
have her as lover, as friend

all I had was Oran Quintrell’s recording

this concert and his remote control
to return to her, swaying divinely,
about 6 dozen times

made poems as I am doing now
to record and to recall

to connect with
who I was as painfully attached to
as I am to this other heavenly creature

this Dr Sakis video
one of his sexy dancing girls

only she is more sacred than sexy


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
Written between 8:30 p.m.,
Saturday April 18 and 1:55 a.m.,
Monday, April 20, 2009

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home