Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Trojan Horse
for Tia Clarke

I would be an ass
to go on conversing

trading terms of endearment
for business language

it is like shaking a wooden hand
or having intercourse
with someone
with a wooden crotch

when I haven't got
a wooden cock

what a wooden fuck
should I give a wooden fuck

if I cannot have feelings

flowers for flowers
rainfall for rainfall
your screams for my screams
I wouldn't fuck

would you fuck a wooden horse
a Trojan horse

so that is why condoms are Trojans

condom full of semen
much like that horse, made of wood

in which soldiers were able
to enter that city, able to sack it

I show up, without socks
or gloves or subterfuge

get treated as if I had the plague
or were the plague

all I want you to catch
is the ability to write poetry

to cough and to sneeze it
defecate it, menstruate it
piss it--couldn't we kiss


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
1:27 p.m. 29.04.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home