Monday, May 11, 2009

Molasses Morning
for Gina Lowe

what’s ephemeral perches, stays
purchased, pinned down

things otherwise, lift into the air
gone like an hour of the day

like dawn or noon or twilight
when it’s gone it’s gone
when it’s done it’s done

things we want around
those we want with us
how I wonder, does she feel

some one to be faithful to
learn to be or try to be

she’d have art to love
lots to feast on

emotionally bare, actually bare
we’d bathe in laughter,
sweet as molasses

listening to Annie Fischer play Liszt,
Piano Concerto No. 1

missing having breakfast
in Memphis, with Oran,
in The Pancake House


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
3:41 a.m. 10.05.09

2 Comments:

Blogger ~ScotchBiscuits~ said...

your poetry is like a river that runs and refreshes and I'm forced to return, to relearn, and to drink,again.

Monday, May 11, 2009 7:13:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

I am moved by your remarks, ScotchBiscuit, and I am inspired and deeply appreciative. I wish I were clearer about who you are. How did you find me? Do we know each other quite well already and you are, like a character in one of Shakespeare's comedies, happily hidden behind a mask?

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 8:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home