Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Crash Land
for S.E.S.

boom
and I haven’t a clue what has shaken my world
what has made a noise--I'm scared, concerned

I cease watching Francis Bacon's biography
listening with one of my speakers up against my ear

might what I heard be the presence of an intruder

but I am not sure until I smell the sweet sweet sweet
of ripe dilly

and I am satisfied that what I'd heard was one
falling upon the one storey back portion of my house
with its tin roof

another one fallen I'll have no use of, no piece of

dilly bursting open in the middle of the night
bottle of perfume drops and breaks


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
3:00 a.m. 19.08.09

1 Comments:

Anonymous D.A. said...

The dilly reminds me of my time on Long Island. My grandmother has many dilly trees in the yard. I remember seeing the over-ripe dilly on the ground waiting to be ingested by small animals or birds.

The scents, textures, colors and even the taste of this poem is delightful. Short sweet and scrumptious.

Saturday, April 24, 2010 9:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home