Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Top of the Hill
for Qural Taylor

what makes beautiful, wish I knew
brings it, leaves it, never to be seen

what is available is handiwork
pretty ladies

out of what material was she made
black, pretty girl

skin as fine as cream
cake batter outpoured
that texture of mixture

were I to mix with her, were I able to

we’d have a cake with nuts
we’d have a smooth criminal

Lord, I enjoy looking at her
wonder if she’s on Facebook
wonder if there are photographs

cashier in the food store
I could run back to buy
her store on the hill, long way from home

certainly worth the weight
certainly worth the walk

things we stumble upon,
stumble in, stumble on, hurt ourselves

other times stumble upon treasure


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2009
9:16 p.m. 15.09.09

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home