Sunday, February 07, 2010

Not Allowed a Pinch
of S.F.

not satisfied to have almost all of her
jealous of my little bit of her as well

how greedy love is, a lover is
I on the other hand,
must do without so much of her
large portion that’s his

her arms, almost as white as milk, raised
her underarms, from where
she’d have recently, with razor or cream,
removed hair

I had this sudden urge
to plant a kiss or two in her right arm pit
bury my face there for a moment or two

we were in public though
her jealous lover not far off

I do at times thirst for her though
for her milk-whiteness

part of her that’s mine, was mine
before she met him, before he came along

he wants to put his arms about her
encircle her, make a circle about her
wall out all the world, like walls about a city

but even a city needs who comes and goes
needs to export and to import
like inhalation, exhalation

need her, needs me
what can he do with or about who are friends
about two friends

relying upon each other
even if nights in winter, in summer
he’d lie with her

he’s seen her naked, held her in his arms
like a tall glass of milk, he has emptied
over and over again

what I get a sip of,

what I am only allowed to sip from

thoughts now and then
have flashed through my mind
to climb into her like a milk bath

to waller, splash about,
nutmeg in milkshake


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
11:31 a.m. 03.01.10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home