Thursday, January 28, 2010

Missing Steps
for Christia Brelsford

what do we do with limbs
do we take them for granted
do we, with them, do mischief

in Haiti, limbs crushed
an earthquake quaked
buildings breaking, crumbling,
tumbling down around Haitians
non-Haitians alike in Haiti

crushed limbs to cut off
like so much excess cloth
to let fall upon a dressmaker's floor

but limbs have bones, blood vessels
muscles, feet with toes, amputated

unable to be restored
will not be regenerated
unlike a lizard's tails

what do we do or undo with limbs
what do we with them achieve

use them to do our own will
to have our own way
or do we with limbs
do the will of God

upon them go where we're called
go where we're sent
or do we do our own thing
go our own way

show me oh God
what to do with these limbs
I was outfitted with in heaven

I want where I choose to go to matter
I want each step to be an investment
in making thy kingdom come on earth
as it is in heaven

God bless every step I take or make


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
6:02 a.m. 27.01.10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home