Sunday, February 07, 2010

Into My Words
for D.B.A.

write of you or pop like balloon
want something badly, unable to get it
you feel you might crack
like something might pop

das how I feel
in response to response
in response to her words

das how she's been
since she slipped into my senses
and into my words

into her world and into mine
this trade, exchange
and ever since, what transformation

thirst when without her
when I go for long without a word

when I get word, when I hear from her
I ache anew, another way
ache which joy causes

end of school, a woman already
a woman a while

more and more dangerous to look at
more and more daring
the outfits she wears

man that I am in a little girl’s hands
or how it seems

but she knows how to hold,
how to grip me, what to do
when she makes me weak

when I weep for joy
these poems I write


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
10:24 p.m. 07.02.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazingly wonderful. The sound. The rhythm. The words. Perfection. Execution. Truth.

Monday, February 08, 2010 12:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home