Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Belt too Tight
for D.B.A.

my God, girl, D’Anthra,
what care you have begun
to take of me

my girl is my woman
and what a big woman
good to me as a woman can be

she embraces me
with fleshy, firm arms

I feel safe in them
with her, in her care
in her love for me

my God, I complain
that she keeps from me
what she thinks
and what she feels

but the little
that she does confess
of what she feels

what she does allow me
to know directly
says or shows plainly
already overwhelms me

think of her declared
I love you and at present,
I am having trouble breathing

her love enfolds, encircles me
like a belt too tight

her love, becoming stronger
or am I getting fatter

in her clutches, in her embrace


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
11:54 p.m. 14.09.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous d.a. said...

This poem is very much about the magic of a moment one maybe many like a photo that captures a smile but your poems catch smiles and shoot tears and seize love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o89iKsKw19M

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home