Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Earth Worms
for D.B.A.

she gives me Spanish nouns
and verbs and other words
as well as this new alphabet in song

hadn’t a clue she had so much
so many things- on so many levels
to offer, to feed me with

how much we share outside
as well as inside sex

how very many floors
has our relationship

how subtle the shades of love
we share

miracles in which we find ourselves
miracle that we are

able to resuscitate and to sustain
mutually

so out of touch, so out of reach
reach each other, touch each other
anyway

over the internet, over the phone
over the airwaves

reach each other also
through invisible powers
with invisible hands

like no one I’ve ever known

the life in me, delights in me
deep in her, deep in me

deeper daily into each other
as well as into the ocean love is

in love, the condom I wear, she wears
it outfit us perfectly, like wet suits

in love we enter the deep ocean of each others
life deeper and deeper, more and more

we wiggle like root hairs,
wiggle like earth worms at times,
to enter each other

go where no one before has gone
where no one before has been


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2010
9:37 a.m. 13.09.10

1 Comments:

Anonymous d.a said...

this language and others do take us to new heights.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home