Friday, August 31, 2007

Row Your Boat
for Dashinique Rolle

too skinny to look at,
so I thought
show herself, so much meat
on her bones

her hips, her pelvis,
as meaty as could be

engaged to be married

someone, saw, knew,
what I see, know now
some time ago,
want her for all times

how late I always am
to get to the table,
to take my plate, my place
take up knife and fork
best of the lamb,
most of the ham, gone

all I’m ever greeted with is
nothing left
having to look and salivate
while others feast

I have eyes to feast though
eye-full of her, to fill my belly with

belly growlin’ like lion growlin’
king of the jungle, king of beasts

able to feast upon
whatever it pounces upon
whatever it’s able to tear apart

with her, I’d want to be gentle
as we went, as we go
down stream


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
1:06 p.m. 30/08/07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home