Thursday, November 08, 2007

Fulfill Mints
of L.M.M.

she can deprive me only of what she has to give
unable to deprive me of
what her maker has deprived her of

small thing, small change,
what she withholds from me, what has been

what I am really longing for
is what has been withheld from her
for what she herself should be longing for
had she higher aspirations, more ambition,
were she less complacent

instead of acquiring for herself
abilities she admires in me,
she wants to remain as is
with intellectual limitations
attach to me like a goat to a tree

only a tree is not a goat, a goat is not a tree

you have to be yourself,
whatever it is you want to be

she cannot withhold from me
what she herself has not got
has not been given, has not acquired

she, stingy, deprives me of
the little she does have
of what she does have in her little cup

with her limited capacity
she attempts to limit me
she expects she could starve me
but with all she has to give, had to give
I was starving already

she is incapable of saving me from starvation

with more conceit than intellect,
she imagines withdrawing, withholding
is able to have devastating impact

with her or without her
I had to, I’d have to look elsewhere
to fill my cup, to feel fulfilled
for fulfill mints


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
1:56 p.m. 8/11/07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home