Saturday, December 15, 2007

Tile Layers
for T.L.C.

a little bite, a little bit,
who was brittle, supple for a while

heart wildly beating
horses hooves over prairie grass

a little bit, a little bite,
then good night, lights out

up as usual all alone
desert night I know, is mine to cross

camel’s humps, filled with water
for this Sarah crossing

I go back and forth
I know this journey well

what is hell for some is life for me

enjoyed though while she rode along
through night

we saw owls hunting, rats killed
claws, beaks, tearing supper apart

hearts beating fast
but not even drama
could keep her awake
could keep her from sleep

I’m able to stay up, I sleep in the day

want a girl to join me
across these dark hours

someone to watch the sun rise with
clouds’ pink cheeks to see
before we make indentations
in our shared pillow

snoring through the day
rather than the night

it is congestion upon the streets
I’ve adjusted to avoid

this town needs two stories
maybe even three floors

people able to go about,

in a small place

upon different layers



© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
3:49 a.m. 15.12.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home