Friday, December 14, 2007

Chilly White Wine
for O. Archer

tooth to get at, to extract
pulling out my sweet tooth
end with, end of endless craving
for goodies, for good things

eat more, hunger more, hunger for
fork in the road
I must take up a fork in the road
to eat with

would have to wash off the dirt
off the fork in the road
before placing it, pushing it
shoving it dans ma bouche

fermer la bousche
French Blacks on a train in Paris,
conversing, chit chatting
I was glad I understood that
phrase or two to pick up

things we drop, we pick up, we wash off,
put in our mouths, in our minds

however far will we go, magical girl,
as sweet as if dreaming

what will we quarrel about, when
ugly human emotions too soon arise

moon rise, sunrise, Christ rose
roses for a girl, 14 when I was 42
when I was blue she was bright

as right as grapes to write about
skin to remove, to peel away

peeling bells in the morning
when mass commences at 6

Palacious, sacred gestures, sacred steps
altar boy, hand full of bells to chime,
Eucharist to celebrate, to drink up,
to eat up

as hungry for wine as I am for the divine


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
5:05 a.m. 14.12.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home