Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wipe Paper
for T.L.C.

i.
a new phase
a new face
to watch
to see

a new phase
a new face
for my baby and me

journeying on
journeying still

cells of our bodies
cells of our souls
to pass through
pass into

we open for each other
deeper deeper
darker darker

seeking light
all we can stomach

aim to grow up
grow into each other

go until
we know ourselves no more

sufficient, satisfied
to know each other

ii.
I like yellow grits
with gravy

with Long Island
steam’ mutton

is she able
to prepare such a meal

how I miss my mother
how I miss growing up

growing old
will she make it bearable
bear with me
bare with me

in bed to night

her skin and night
one shade

lamp beside the bed
to see to read by
to write poems

we both have pens


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
5:48 p.m. 23.01.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home