Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Couple of Lovers

I must write to remember
I’ve a right to remember

am I able to draw her
able to draw her back
black beauty

fifteen or is she fourteen still
about a minute ago
became a woman
dew upon her still

with her mom and dad
and little sister

if dad and mom
were never lovers
dad and daughter certainly are

how could he help but love her
how well she’s made

unable to avoid it showing
out to eat this evening
mother, quiet figure
in the background

it is she with her dad
a couple of lovers

happily linked
who able to get between them

eyes discover her
I discover her, but too late

dad knows,
though she’s his daughter
she’s bread and water

beauty of the week
her beauty makes him
as weak as it makes me

had to take my pen out
push back my bulging eyes
still my swiftly-beating
heart of horses

white short-shorts she wore
her top, lavender, tight-fitting
something some designer fashioned
little yet but how exquisite

how she looked
and how she moved

fell into her dad’s arms once
and for one second

but I’m aware of their affair
I’ve been there


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2007
9:26 p.m. 30.12.07

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home