Monday, March 03, 2008

Wee Fit
for T.L.C.

i.
impregnate her with verbs

and she’s shy
resists with such vehemence

against words
I demand she push out, put forth

I only want her writing
only want her words
written on the page
right upon the page

how she protests, kicks,
pitches a fit
fearing I want to fuck her
actually

to have intercourse with her
with her legs in the air

in my heart of hearts though
what am I after
what all do I long for

poetry alone
or with her pussy thrown in
like in soup or in stew

what is my hunger for, my thirst
what am I aching for, longing for

what wrong to put right
what emptiness to fill
with air or water

with her words or with her bare
in my arms, in my bed


with her among my sheets, asleep
where I’m able to adore her
able to draw her

no end to portraits
as if I were Van Gogh
and she the women
who came and went
through the windows of his life

ii.
some exact ache
to interact with
to fit into, to reverse

free radical,
molecule of oxygen

missing an atom
antioxidant supplies

otherwise something
or someone dies

iii.
is this what she is to me
how she fits into me

like sprockets
together turning
and returning


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
11:23 p.m. 02.03.08

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obediah:

I read, with uncommon relish, and re-read the poem "Wee Fit'. As one who luxuriated in 10 hour conversations with you (duck til dawn), I know the sentiment: she who thinks her body can do, what her language cannot; The culture that produced her; the men who reify her in her unlovely, prevalent, invidious postion.

You have transposed those sentiments into a thing-in-itself; a poem, with mastery.

G. Morris
Argentina

Friday, March 07, 2008 6:41:00 PM  
Blogger Obie Quiet said...

You make me nostalgic for those times shared, our words, our thoughts. No regrets though, none of it all was wasted. Let's hope an entire nation benefited, an entire world. Here we are still, with the complex Bahamian female between us, to admire and to analyze - our identity, so intricately tied to hers.

Friday, March 07, 2008 8:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home