Sunday, April 13, 2008

Well or Ill
for Tia

i.
her ability
to disconnect from things
I am glued to

Cheryl Albury about to read
Robert Johnson to follow
and she can, with her friend,
up and go

go where, I am left to wonder

is this not the moment
for a writer to be in

ii.
long to know you in person
as well as I know you online

over tea for two, from time to time

rhymed lines of poems
to immortalize you in

enough of poems to hold you with
to hold you in

I want to hold you like I hold my pen

shy one, eyes darting
this way, that way
as if to find confidence

confidence of your own
to fill your pen with
as well as heart, soul
to fill your well with

I’ve a bucket to fill
to drop with a splash
into your well water


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008

part i. 4:06 p.m. part ii. 8:53 p.m.
05.04.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home