Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Able to Shift My Gears
of Kim Thompson

is she as beautiful
as I am imagining
or am I mistaken

saw her from a distance
and was smitten

you know, heartbeat quickening
intake, outlet of air, altered

note or chord struck
enzyme or chime
in the mirror in us

some echo
toning fork

piano tuner, come to set right
an out-of-whack instrument

pianist coming, recital upcoming

why is she like violoncello
to embrace, to play

she is an instrument
I wish to cherish
I wish we would
cherish

sponging her face dry
with such commitment

bits of its rubber, rubbing off
remaining beneath chin,
upon cheeks

of a student,
a teacher to be, of Religion
who struggles with English

who should be a model
in Milan, London, Paris


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
2:48 p.m. 19.05.08

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home