Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Tea Cup Drink Up
for N.T-B.

with what eyes
she beholds me
makes me weak

what is that in them
drunk upon a sip of it
upon a bit of it
bitter-sweet beverage

is it moonshine
where was it brewed

in the bushes, in the hills
is it available by the gallon

dress of hers ripped
dress with a tear
her dress torn by sticks
in the bushes

she confesses
to having gone camping
to camping out

to being chased by wild beast
through the wilderness

wild where I want to be
want to go with her

without roof, when it rains
your fire in the forest
is rained on, is put our

who can put out the fire she lights

volcanic eruption
and residents in Montserrat
must evacuate

I know I should leave the city
when she looks directly at me
but I’m not going to leave
not going anywhere

whatever storm threatens
let it come

catastrophe, disaster
packaged as she is
I’m prepared to withstand

if it washes me away
so be it


© Obediah Michael Smith, 2008
3:45 a.m. 07.05.08

1 Comments:

Blogger Esquire of the mountain said...

hmm...the sex siren is back to haunt you after the poem you wrote earlier i remember it...doctors wife, i creep out through the back door...et al....
anyway interesting what effect eyes can have...
P.S
I published your beautiful letter to me on my blog...it was really nice...see for your self

Thursday, May 08, 2008 2:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home